After living in the Charlotte area for twenty three, three, and thirty three years (respectively), we are moving to Alexandria, VA.
In part, it was an easy decision: a great career opportunity for Brandon, living only a few miles from DC, and a chance to get out of our comfort zones.
On the other hand, it was a difficult decision: we will be far from family and friends and the comforts of the life we built in Charlotte.
But as the kids these days say, "YOLO!"
It takes a village and, more than ever, we need our village.
We would greatly appreciate recommendations, connections, and leads for the following:
- Your friends who live in the DMV area. ;)
- Nannies, sitters, pre-schools, and other types of childcare and development programs.
- Doctors (pediatrician, dentist, optometrist, generalists).
- Small to mid-sized business needing help with their digital marketing efforts. Let's connect on LinkedIn if we're not yet connected: linkedin.com/in/kseniyamartin.
- Professional and non-profit organizations to join (such as local chapters of the AMA or Junior League).
- Tips and tricks to living in the DC area.
- Favorite restaurants, shops, farmers markets, points of interest, and more!
- Your favorite public transportation friendly stroller (preferably one that can be folded with one hand and has a shoulder strap of some sort).
- Someone amazing to rent our home in Harrisburg.
We're excited to move to the DMV area, to explore new places and revisit all of our favorites from past visits.
We'll be back quite a bit as we transition and blend our current life into the new and to celebrate life moments with friends and family.
It's not goodbye, it's see you later.